Seven Layer Dip - The BEST!

A quick post on a favorite of mine, Seven Layer Dip. A simple, simple dip for everyone. I think I'm craving veggies and fruits. LOL! With New Year's just a couple of days away, this appetizer will be the star of the show. A quick and easy dip and not as expensive as some of those dips in the grocery store are.
This dip is an old time favorite.  It works great for home get-togethers, BBQ's, Christmas, New Year's and just about any event where you need a quick dip.  I haven't met anyone who can turn this one down! This recipe is so quick. Spread the refried beans on the bottom and add layers of tomatoes, lettuce, black olives, sour cream and, of course, CHEESE. Everything tastes better with cheese!  Serve with your favorite chips and viola' it's a party. There's never any left over for the next day for me! LOL! Anyway, it's my go to for a quick appetizer when friends come over and especially for football games in the fall and of course "The Superbowl"! 

I love to share old favorites like this recipe. I also have others on Handmade by Hoffy that work so well for holidays, parties, get-togethers, and...of course, those football games.  

Seven Layer Dip - The Best...
The first tray is a doubled recipe. I used two of everything.

Let's make Seven Layer Dip...
I used a clear tray...it didn't show up very well on the counter. I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I wasn't spreading it ON the counter. I doubled the recipe for this tray, so I used two cans of refried beans.
Next, add the sour cream and then the salsa. I kind of over-did the salsa. You might want to drain a little of the juice of the salsa before you put it on the sour cream.
Next top with chopped lettuce and of course lots of CHEESE! Yum!
  
Top with black olives and green onions. I also added some chopped tomatoes. I think it makes it more colorful. There you go...a great dip with tortilla chips. I swear there's none left ever. 

Seven Layer Dip Recipe...
Ingredients:
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
1 cup BREAKSTONE'S Sour Cream
1 cup salsa
1 cup shredded lettuce
1 cup KRAFT Mexican Style Shredded Cheese
2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
1/2 cup sliced green onions
Crackers, tortilla chips or anything else you want to dunk

Directions:
    1. Mix beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread onto bottom of 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
    2. Layer all remaining ingredients except chips over bean mixture; cover. Refrigerate several hours or until chilled.
    3. Dip can be stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator up to 2 days.
    One Final thought
    Any of these dips and/or appetizers would be a great addition to any party or event! I've tried several of them and love all that I have tried...plus my recipe for Texas Caviar (corn and bean salsa) is the BEST!



    _ 
    I love looking for helpful hints on the internet. I came across this gal's youtube channel (Clean My Space). She has many great cleaning and organizing videos. Below is one of her videos showing how you can naturally add a scent to your home. Works especially well if you are cooking onions, bacon,  garlic, or whatever leaves a smell that drives you nuts. She's pretty good and a quite humorous. I'm going to try her idea from this video and see how good it works. I'll let you know! If you want to see more of her videos click HERE.

    Always remember..."Life's short...eat dessert first!"...words to live by!