Crispy Cheddar Chicken

This post is all about chicken, chicken, chicken...Making new recipes is always fun for me. I especially like chicken recipes. You can make so many different dinners or lunches with that little bird. I use a lot of rotisserie chicken because it eliminates the cooking process and is definitely cost effective. Plus I can get at least 2-3 meals out of one rotisserie chicken. When using a rotisserie chicken, don't forget to keep the bones. I make chicken broth out of the remaining chicken parts and use it for gravy or a starter for chicken soup.

This recipe however needs to be made from scratch. You'll never go wrong with chicken breasts and cheddar cheese. I like to shred my own cheddar and other cheeses. For some reason when you purchase it already shredded, it doesn't melt the same way. If you don't have the time, store bought shredded will work fine, but once again it doesn't melt quite the same way as fresh shredded.

Here are a few chicken recipes that I also love to make...
I tinkered with this recipe. By adding Fiesta ranch dressing mix to the alfredo added a whole new element to this lasagna. I also added some heat with some peppers. Everyone loved it. So here's another great recipe where you can use either rotisserie chicken. A quick put together dinner that can be made the night before.
This is one of my favorite chicken and dumpling recipes. When you're looking for some great comfort food, this recipe will fill the bill. Using a rotisserie chicken makes this a quick and easy weeknight dinner.
Another really delicious chicken recipe is Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs. I always try to make quick and easy recipes for dinner. This one, along with the chicken and dumpling recipe are those recipes. I love using chicken thighs because they are inexpensive and very juicy and tender. Add bacon and you have a gourmet dinner with no fuss or muss.

Now for the Main Event...Crispy Cheddar Chicken...
I've talked so much about rotisserie chicken, I almost forgot to talk about Crispy Cheddar Chicken. My bad... 
This recipe is delicious. I use that word a lot, but it's oh so true. Again, easy and cost effective. However, you will have to use whole raw chicken breasts for this one. Add some mashed potatoes and gravy and a small salad and you have a really great dinner.  When I'm in a hurry, I use gravy mix. It's just my husband and myself now, so I try to take any shortcuts I can. I also use instant mashed potatoes with a little onion powder and garlic powder added.  For us, the easier the better!

Below is the recipe for Crispy Cheddar Chicken. I do hope you try it. You won't be disappointed. They are crunchy and crispy. The family will love them.

Crispy Cheddar Chicken Recipe...
Ingredients:

Chicken:
  • 4 large chicken breasts
  • 2 sleeves Ritz crackers (I have also used cheese puffs for the coating. It enhances the real cheddar cheese).
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/8 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 c. milk
  • 3 c. cheddar cheese, grated (I grate my own cheese, but store bought is also good. The store bought shredded just melts a little different.
  • 1 tsp. dried parsley
Sauce:
  • 1 10 oz. can cream of chicken soup
  • 2 T. sour cream
  • 2 T. butter
Instructions:
  1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks.
  2. In a small food processor grind up the Ritz crackers.
  3. Pour the milk, cheese and cracker crumbs into 3 separate small pans.  Toss the 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp. pepper into the cracker crumbs and stir the mixture around to combine.
  4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk then the cheese. Press the cheese into the chicken with your fingers. Some of it will fall off when  you add it to the cracker crumbs, don't worry about it. Press the cheesy chicken into the cracker crumbs and press it in. By the time you are done coating the last piece of chicken, the dish you are using for the crumbs will be full of cheese.  Don't let it get you down.  Once the cheese melts in the oven it will adhere nicely to the crumbs and the crackers.
  5. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray and lay the chicken inside the pan.
  6. Sprinkle the dried parsley over the chicken.
  7. cover the pan with tin foil and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes.  Remove the tin foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the edges of the chicken are golden brown and crispy.
That's it! Yummy Crispy Cheddar Chicken...Oh so good!!!!!

As if I haven't added enough chicken recipes, below are a few more from my posts. Enjoy!

  

Just One More Thought...
I do hope you get a chance to try the Crispy Cheddar Chicken. A quick, easy and delicious main course for dinner!


Homemade Goo Gone...
For a quick method of cleaning those sticky tags off purchased items, you can purchase Goo Gone, or you can use this recipe to make your own.  It works very well!
  • 1 tsp vegetable oil
  • 2 tsps. baking soda

Directions:
  1. Combine the vegetable oil and the baking soda in a small bowl.
  2. Dip the edge of a piece of paper toweling in the mixture and then rub over the sticky stuff you are trying to remove.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Spotless Floor Cleaner:
A great floor cleaning recipe. I use it all the time. It leaves everything streak free and smelling amazing!


  • 1 cup distilled vinegar
  • 1 T. liquid dish soap (I use Dawn, It's the best!)
  • 1 cup baking soda
  • 2 gallons warm water
Always remember, "Life's short...eat dessert first"! Words to live by...