BOOOOO!!! It's Halloween Time!

Autumn and Halloween are both my favorite times of the year.  The leaves are so beautiful with all those colors. The smell of autumn is in the air.  Time to think about carving those pumpkins and drinking apple cider.  Oh, and we can't forget about going to the apple orchards and the wineries, especially the wineries!

Halloween has always been my favorite holiday. As a child, which I'm sure most readers can relate to, was the one time of the year that you got to eat as much candy as you wanted. You got to go out at night and "trick or treat" for as long as you wanted. I was born in Duluth Minnesota and most Halloweens were pretty cold. But, it didn't matter...it was so much fun. When I grew up and had my own kids, we would do all the fun things you do at Halloween. They in turn, I'm sure, had the same feelings I had. They could go out at night and eat all the candy they wanted...

Anyway, it's fun to have some Halloween snacks in the house that are both sweet and salty.  This snack is just that...both sweet and salty and I might add very simple.  By the way, "Happy Halloween!"
I was meandering around Pinterest a few weeks ago and came across this cute idea. So I got the ingredients and tried the recipe.  I'm probably one of the few people that really likes candy corn and pumpkins, except maybe kids.  But the sweet and salty taste of these little gems is great!...just like a salted nut roll.  
For the recipe for Autumn Krispie Treats, click here. I have a whole other post for these cute pumpkin cake balls sitting on "Rice Krispie" hay bales.  They are so good!

Pumpkin Candy Treats...
Ingredients:
  • 1 bag Brach’s Mallowcreme Pumpkins
  • 1 bag Hershey Hugs
  • 1 bag Snyder’s Butter Snap Pretzel squares
Directions:
  1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cover with pretzels so they’re all lying down flat.
  2. Place an unwrapped Hershey Hug on each pretzel.  Place in the oven for 1 ½ minutes at 350 degrees. (Cupcake Diary Blog says place in oven for 2-3 minutes).  I found that was way too long.  Remove from oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes. (This is important. Be sure to wait the full 20 minutes)
  3. Carefully place a pumpkin on top of each Hug.  You won’t need to press down because the weight of the pumpkin will press down the chocolate.
  4. Allow to cool.  Then place in a cute candy dish or package up for the kids and grandkids.
*I had a lot of pretzels left over, so I purchased some orange colored Wilton Wafer Melts at Walmart and made more candy. 
 
Dipped Pretzels...
Melt the wafers in a microwave or in a double boiler on the stove and dip the remaining pretzels in the cream wafer sauce.  Place on the parchment paper that you used for the pumpkin candy and let dry.  

One Final Thought...
I was able to make two platters of candy for friends and us of course, and six small bags of goodies for the grandkids.  These are really easy and really good... I hope you have time to make some before Halloween. They are so easy and so fun! It's always fund sharing good recipe ideas and craft ideas. Here are a few posts from Handmade by Hoffy that you might be interested in.


Always remember..."Life's short...eat dessert first!"...words to live by!